1.7.12

紀伊國屋書店。

This look is on LookBook! Please Hype if you like~

I really love the Japanese bookstore "Kinokuniya" (or "Kinokuniya Shoten"). When I traveled to California recently, I visited the Kinokuniyas in San Jose and San Francisco relatively frequently and was so excited about my purchases! I also knew I absolutely had to take an outfit shot among the bookshelves in the San Francisco branch. =)







I wore my adorable Kumacrafts Sailor Chibi Moon necklace again that I reviewed in this post. I just love adding that touch of magical girl to my coordinates, it's just too much fun!I wanted to mix a mori/vintage feel with a more lolita vibe and I think I did a pretty good job of it. I think the best part of wearing things like this though is that you have so much fun doing it! I had to wait outside the Chinese embassy for a bit (since I had a camera on me so I couldn't come in with my boyfriend) and I got lots of compliments while I waited out there. =)

I wish I had done a better job pinning my hair up--in the first photo I posted I was literally holding my hair up! I lost a couple of bobby pins in the changing room for Baby, the Stars Shine Bright too. ;A;

Here are some photos of magazines I picked up~


From left to right, Deco & Deco (which I bought for my lovely friend Rune), Shibuya 109 Mook (which came with this adorable pink bag that said "Love" on it), Kera, and Cutie (which has turned into one of my favourite magazines to buy--it also came with this adorable collapsible bag).

Even though I do read some Japanese, I purchase Japanese magazines more for inspirational photos. Some coordinates or make-up tips really stand out for me and I know I have to purchase them! Not to mention some of them come with adorable freebies that I can use later~


I also bought a Kyary mook, it was filled with little facts about her and her fashion tips. =) She had tonnes of pictures of her nail art and some of the clothes she likes. I never thought I would buy a book solely focused on one person, but she is just such a huge inspiration!

Someday I'll post photos of my whole collection of Japanese mags. =D

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!